In April my family was lucky enough to celebrate my daughter’s first birthday at Disney World. We spent a lot of time focusing on what she would want this trip, including a lot of pool time! We did manage to spend some time in the parks though. Here are some ways that we celebrated while we were there.
- Get a birthday button! This applies for any birthday being celebrated at Disney World, but it’s also the first step to celebrating your baby’s first birthday. You can also get a special “It’s My Birthday!” ear hat at the Chapeau in the Magic Kingdom.
- Book a character meal. Your milage may vary on this one but my baby loves characters! Over the course of our most recent trip we did Tusker House, Crystal Palace and Garden Grill. She loved them all. Make sure to note on the reservation you’re celebrating a birthday. My daughter recieved special birthday treats at each of our meals, which she kindly shared with her parents 😉
- Consider booking a first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street USA in Disney’s Magic Kingdom. Your one year old is too young for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or Pirate’s League, but the Harmony Barber Shop makes a big deal out of first haircuts! The My First Haircut package is $25 and includes a set of Mickey Ears commemorating the event.
- Pick out a special toy or keepsake to bring home. For my daughter we picked a Shellie May doll. Hopefully she’ll keep this doll for a long time and we’ll be able to tell her the story of how she got it as she gets bigger!
- Don’t forget to take photos. We had Memory Maker for this trip and made sure to take advantage of it. It’s true that the baby won’t remember this family vacation so it’s important to have pictures to show them how they celebrated in style!