The cupcake is a special thing and has it’s own life at Disney. One of the zillion of reasons that Disney is a very special place is their prioritizing of snack foods, like the Dole Whip, but also the cupcake. They do not make one cupcake they make lots of different cupcakes and there is one for every person…keep trying if you have not found it because I believe there is a cupcake soulmate out there for you. Disney also celebrates special events and seasons with special cupcakes and when you find your favorite it will have you coming back and running back into the park for one more (believe me this is my life). This list is subject to change on a daily basis.
- Pina Colada Cupcake – Gasparilla’s Grill at the Grand Floridian. This is a new favorite because it is a NEW cupcake (at least for me)! Gasparilla’s is the remote quick service at Grand Floridian that let’s face it with all the other great food options at GF why would anyone go there just to try the quick service? Well, we did and then we went back because of the cupcake. It was delightful and not to heavy. It is similar to a coconut cupcake with the added fun of the pina colada flavor and pineapple. YUMMMY!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake – Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary Resort This little delight is the perfect mix of peanut butter (my favorite) and chocolate (the World’s favorite). The odd thing is I am not a huge fan of chocolate but this cupcake is above all that. Coincidence that it is at another quick service that you have no business at unless you are a guest at Contemporary (which I was not)? Clearly, I go to all the resorts trying out their quick service cupcakes or something?
- Dulche de Leche – Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary Resort. If the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake did not get you there then this one should. It is so gooey and moist just like the best dulche de leche. It is worth every bite and being at Disney has no calories so…monorail over there daily.
- Smores Cupcake – Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge Resort (yes ANOTHER quick service all the beating path). This does not maybe sound appealing or just too plain but it is a great messy wonderful bit of fun. The perfect balance of moist and cakey is one to compare with all of their counterparts and will come out on top. For you chocolate lovers it is topped with a Hersey piece.
- Oreo Bon Bon Cupcake – Boardwalk Bakery (for one place and NOT a quick service) at Boardwalk Inn. This yellow cake with vanilla frosting but do not despair chocolate lovers it has Oreo crumbles on top. It is such a great cupcake and everyone loves it from kids to adults alike.
So today these are my top 5 but I will be most likely changing this list next week as I visit the World and have different experiences. All of these cupcakes are available all the time and are not special or seasonal (well they are special but you know what I mean…). What is your favorite cupcake?