Oh my! If you are a Disney fan you know how much news came out this past weekend at D23 in Anaheim. If you are NOT a Disney fan you probably still heard some of it because it is crazy and wild all the cool stuff that is coming. If you are like me then you do not want to wait but want it all now! But go ahead and go to Disney and enjoy what is there now because with change you may lose some of your old favorites! But, do not worry because all the new stuff will make you quickly forget!
First, let’s talk about the BIGGEST news from D23 and I think we can all agree it is the new alcohol policy for Disney Cruise Line. Right??? Okay no that was not the biggest news at all (but I will address this news later but for now let’s start positive) and the biggest news…drum roll please… Star Wars Land. Yes, finally for all you Star Wars lovers (which clearly from the crowds at Star Wars Weekends is a ton) there is going to be an answer to your needs. Star Wars Land is going to be located at Disney Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World (so thankfully something will be there to entertain us people) and at the Disney Land Resort.
“I am thrilled to announce the next chapter in the long and exciting history between Disney Parks and Star Wars,” said Iger. “We are creating a jaw-dropping new world that represents our largest single themed land expansion ever. These new lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World will transport guests to a whole new Star Wars planet, including an epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.”
There is more to come on this and stay with us here at Dolewhipped.com because we are bringing it to you!
Second, more lands! Yes, there are more lands coming our way including Toy Story Land coming to Disney Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World (again actual things to do there!) and at Animal Kingdom they are going with Pandora – The World of Avatar. I am sure Disney will do a great job with this as they do with everything. Another cool thing coming to Animal Kingdom that really gets me ready to go is After Dark at Animal Kingdom. They will have a show called “Rivers of Light” that sounds spectacular and is coming this Spring and also the Kilimanjaro Safari is going to have a night-time safari that will be a special type of safari and sounds awesome. I am a huge fan of Animal Kingdom and love seeing it grow.
Two more quick but excellent things to mention is a new restaurant at Magic Kingdom and a change to Soarin’. The table service restaurant named “Jungle Skipper Canteen” and will be themed after the Jungle Cruise. I am loving another table service option inside Magic Kingdom so this is good news. Soarin’ will no longer be Soarin’ Over California but instead we will be Soarin’ Around the World. This change will be put in place both in Epcot’s Soarin’ attraction in Walt Disney World and in Disney’s California Adventure’s Soarin’ attraction in Disneyland.
Last, is the bad news. Disney Cruise Line has changed the alcohol policy and the change goes into effect for any cruises commencing on or after September 30, 2015. I am just going to bullet point the new rules as I cry:
- Each Guest 21 years and older may bring two bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750ml) or six beers (no larger than 12oz) onboard in carry-on luggage at the beginning of the voyage and at each port-of-call.
- All alcoholic beverages packed in checked luggage will be removed and stored until the completion of the cruise.
- Wine or champagne in excess of the two allowable bottles or beer in excess of the six beers will be stored and Guests may retrieve them at the end of the voyage.
- All liquors and spirits (including powdered alcohol) are prohibited and will be stored until the completion of the cruise.
- Guests must retrieve any stored alcohol at the end of the cruise. Uncollected alcohol will be destroyed and no compensation will be offered.
- Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
- Effective Sept. 30, 2015, the corkage fee charged to Guests who bring their own wine or champagne into one of our restaurants will be $25 per bottle.
So, that is it. I know it hurts because it hurts us all but I am just the bearer of the news. Disney Cruise Line is still the best hands down and now you just need to save a few more dollars to pay for drinks on board. Also, remember at each port you can get 2 bottles and alcohol is usually very cheap at most ports of call – hey looking at the bright side! But overall, the news was amazing and I can not wait for these new things! If you have any questions let me know.