*Disney recently announced fall 2016 sailings and the biggest excitement was the return to New York! Along with the Big Apple Disney will be sailing from Miami Fl and Galveston TX.
The sailings from New York to the Bahamas includes a stop at Walt Disney World and includes a park hopper ticket plus round trip transportation. And of course since you are in the Bahamas a trip to Castaway Cay is in order.
Also there will be one five night sailing to Canada with stops in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Saint John, New Brunswick.
In Miami, they are now offering seven night sailings to the Western and Eastern Caribbean and all will include a stop at Castaway Cay.
Galveston will also feature seven night sailings for the Bahamas and Western Caribbean and even a four night to Cozumel, Mexico.
These booking open May 20th so get with your trusty travel agent to get yourself booked!
*River Cruising was announced earlier this year by Disney and they have now added two more sailings for 2016. The first is a seven night Budapest, Hungary to Vilshofen, Germany on the Danube. It includes stops in Slovakia and Austria.
*Halloween on the High Seas for 2015 has been announced!
- Dream: Sept 7 – Oct 30
- Fantasy: Sept 5 – Oct 31
- Magic: Oct 4 – 28
- Wonder: Oct 1 – 23
Here are some of the activities according to Disney Cruise Line’s website:
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party, an atrium party scare-a-bration (in addition to Pirate Night) with ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, dancing and some favorite Disney Pals in their Halloween attire
- Halloween-themed activities for all ages, including mask-making and pumpkin-carving
- Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where you’re part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack and Sally
- Haunted Stories of the Sea – a campfire-style storytelling experience on the deck
- Halloween Isn’t Just for Kids – an adults-only party that includes a costume contest
*The Very Merrytime Cruises for 2015 have also been announced!
- Dream: Nov 9 – Dec 24
- Fantasy: Nov 14 – Dec 19
- Magic: Nov 11 – Dec 23
- Wonder: Nov 6 – Dec 24
Here are some of the activities to look forward to if you sail during this time:
- Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night, with candy-cane limbo, dancing and games
- Tree Lighting Ceremony, where kids can help light the tree and kick off the holiday festivities
- Santa Claus meet-and-greet, an exciting opportunity to take family pictures and see Santa and his elves
- Meet-and-Greets with some favorite Disney Characters, dressed in their holiday attire
- Teen-only and tween-only holiday parties—private celebrations where teens and tweens can hang out with new friends
- Holiday storytelling, with new and old tales about holidays at sea and around the world
- Themed activities and crafts for kids—decorate stockings, make holiday cards, go on a holiday scavenger hunt and more
- A life-sized gingerbread house made completely with edible ingredients—and the opportunity to make your own gingerbread house
- Holiday merchandise available for this event
*October 4-24, 2015 the Disney Dream will go into dry dock and there will be some really exciting changes coming to the ship. There will be a new Star Wars themed area, a candy store insprired by Wreck it Ralph and the addition of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! But Disney didn’t forget the adults, they will also be adding Satellite Falls to the Dream, this is an adults only area sure to please.
*With the coming addition of a Rapunzel stage show we just don’t know what we are most excited about! 2015 and 2016 are going to be the best time to take a Disney Cruise!