Location: Beach Club Resort, Epcot Resort Area
Hours: 7:30-11 a.m.
Characters: Minnie, Donald, Goofy (characters are always subject to change)
Dining Plan: 1 credit
This is one of my family’s favorite character meals. We have eaten here four times and each time is consistently delicious! The Cape May Cafe is made to look like a beach-style restaurant and they certainly pull it off! My favorite decorative element are the umbrellas along the side of the restaurant, it really ties the theming together.
All of the food is available through a central buffet. There are two identical sides of hot offerings so the line moves through quickly.
- Selection of cold cuts and cheeses and salmon
- Scrambled Eggs: Plain and chorizo and cheddar
- Mickey waffles
- Sausage Links
- Breakfast potatoes
- Hand-carved ham
- Assorted cold cereals
- Breads and bagels
- Fruit salad
- Yogurt bar
- Cheddar grits
- Biscuits and sausage gravy
- Hot apple quinoa cereal
- Assorted pastries
- Salad and vegetables
This is one of my favorite gluten-free breakfasts. There is so much on the buffet that is gluten-free: meats, cheeses, eggs, frittatas, fruit and vegetables, and my favorite: cheddar grits!! The chef will also bring you gluten-free Mickey waffles and a gluten-free doughnut. This is different than the other doughnuts served on property and it’s worth the trip.
Minnie, Goofy, and Donald are the usual hosts here and they are all in the beach gear ready for a day in the sun and sand! We have always enjoyed the interaction here and the characters will often come around twice.
How to Get Here:
This meal is at the Beach Club and is the most out of the way character meal. If you have a car you will be able to drive over and park at the Beach Club. We have also taken a taxi directly there from our hotel, it costs between $10-$15 from most WDW resorts.
I think it’s worth the extra hassle and here are some ways to get here utilizing Disney transportation:
- Schedule a 11:00 breakfast and go to Epcot from park opening until 10:45. At that time exit from the International Gateway in World Showcase and walk to the Beach Club from there. It’s a 5-10 minute walk.
- Take a bus to Hollywood Studios and either walk (about 20-25 minutes) or take a Friendship Boat from there to the Beach Club. The boat will take about 20-25 minutes as well so you would need to allow for some extra time.
I go out of my way to go to this character breakfast for the high quality food and the genuine experiences the characters give my son. It’s far more laid back than the loud and hectic Chef Mickey’s.