1. Did you know that Disney Cruise Line is the only cruise line to have their ships actually dock (as opposed to tender) at their private island, Castaway Cay?
2. Kid’s Clubs aren’t just on the boat! Scuttle’s Cove at Castaway Cay is home to children’s programing on the island. Even better is the fact that the counselor’s at Scuttle’s Cover are the same ones who have been with your children on the ship for the duration of your cruise. There are activities planned throughout the day so make sure to check your cruise Navigator to see if there is something your child would not want to miss. There is also a special beach on the island just for Teens, featuring tetherball and volleyball courts.
3. In addition to the children’s only areas there are also adult’s only areas! Serenity Bay is home to the adult’s beach, dining areas and cabanas. Lesser known is the Serenity Bay BBQ, which serves the same food as the island’s two other main eateries, Cookie’s and Cookies Too.
4. Castaway Cay hosts a 5k run! You can register at Guest Services on the boat any time before Castaway Cay day. They’ll give you a meeting time and place for all runners on the ship and you’ll debark together that morning before anyone else! After running the 5k you’ll receive a medal and can get to having fun on the island. Organizers will even hold onto a bag with your things so you can switch into your bathing suit and hit the ocean to cool down!
5. There are wheelchairs, strollers, and (maybe coolest of all) wagons available on first come first serve basis on the island, completely free.
Do you want to know more about Disney Cruise Line vacations? Use the “Free Vacation Planning!” tab above or email us at DoleWhipped@gmail.com to learn more from one of the Dole Whipped contributors and Magical Moments Vacations travel agents!